What Does Your Leadership and Management Library Look Like?
To excel at any discipline, one must seek to constantly improve and ensure their skills, knowledge and abilities remain relevant. This applies to leadership and management where we are facing a constantly changing employee, market, and competitive landscape.
Before 2019 gets too crazy, I suggest you:
1. Ask yourself this question, "Have I remainded current in the field of leadership and management?".
2. Take the books that you have read in the past 3 years and line them up on a shelf in a similar fashion to the photograph attached to this post.
3. Look over the titles to get a sense of the topics covered.
4. Ask yourself "what are the main themes?", "which ones are dated and require me to do some updating?", "what new topics must I explore?".
5. From the exercise above, select 4 topics that you need to learn or brush up on.
6. Find 4 books that you commit to reading this year (aim for one every 3 months) to fill in the gaps you have identified.